Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Gift Designs


Incidentally I thought it was worth noting that most of the ideas in the coming blogs for Christmas gifts are my own.  This is not because I am especially creative, smart or gifted.  I am sure there are truckloads of better gifts you can make.  I even tried to find them by Googling a plethora of variations using the words “cheap easy Christmas gifts to make”.  Unfortunately the retail scum have managed to work out how to use Google such that if you search for cheap, easy gifts to make most of the sites you’re likely to come up with will route you through to a commercial entity trying to flog you a glue gun for five times what it would cost you at Bunnings (plus $16.95 for postage and "handling") with a bunch of random craft materials thrown in so you can produce the miracle that is a three dimensional paper snow flake.


I'm aiming to use a bunch of craft stuff I have on hand thereby limiting the stuff I have to buy and keeping the cost down.  But I have considered the cost of buying all materials for each project and I reckon you can get out of most of these for $10 or less for each one.*  Time wise each project shouldn't take more than an hour or so depending on your dexterity.  I make no apologies if you have to visit triage for four hours to get your fingers unstuck in between stages because you used some weird sort of fast-drying mega-bonding arrangement and you accidentally got it on yourself instead of your project.  We're assuming basic craft competence here.

Anyways, this is all meant to explain why most of the gifts I’ll be making will be of my own design.  I will keep looking and if I do happen to find anything worth making** I will note the source in the blog.

*  I do tend to assume people have a needle and thread on hand and not much else.  
**  And feel free to send me either your own designs or someone else’s that you’d like me to make.

1 comment:

  1. Hey :)

    For easy kids craft ideas, try this:

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=801384967#!/pages/Teaching-Tiny-Tots/92866971698

    They have some great ideas

    ReplyDelete